Friday, June 19, 2015

Aggression

Dementia is rife with aggression.  She's been mad all day.  Innocent questions are actually gauntlets thrown willy nilly.  "Did you like the new doctor?"  Me:  "Yes, I thought he was patient and a good listener.  I'm excited for you."  "Well, I thought he looked like the janitor!"  (and she stomps away)

Misunderstandings turn into an hour long dissertation on how no one understands her, her needs.

A discussion about a something impersonal becomes her cause.

Good grief!  Shoot me now!

I'm so close to going on vacation but it. just. doesn't. come. quick. enough!

How do you reason with crazy?  Is that politically incorrect?  To call someone with dementia crazy?

Because I could think of a few choice words but really none are any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment